Friday, June 03, 2005

WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF?


So here I am...it's Friday, June 3rd. And I don't know why I've done it. Maybe it's because I'm poor. Maybe it's because I wanted to get away from my children or maybe it's because I'm just a glutton for punishment. I'm stuck at work for 16 hours. From 0600-2200 hours. It's been busy thus far and who knows what the rest of the day holds for me? Then, to top it off, when I get off from work, I have to go home, get some sleep and come back to work another 8 hours.

Next week doesn't get much better. My day off Monday will be spent out at the academy taking "Emergency Spanish". Isn't it enough I know enough basic Spanish to carry on a conversation with someone? Oh well. So since I will be there on my day off, as well as Tuesday and Wednesday, I get to take off Thursday. I'm hoping it will rain because A. my yard and plants need it and B. I need some sleep. If it's not raining, then I will feel compelled to drive over to Turkey Run State Park and wedge my fat, lily-white arse into an inflated hot pink or neon green inner-tube and proceed to float down a creek, while all around me, Boy Scouts will be dodging me with their canoes and kayaks. (This is NOT a pretty sight.)

To top it all off, I had a new crown put on my tooth last week to replace a filling with a crack in it. It wasn't really bothering me, but me dentist said we should, "get that fixed". How could I say no to him, when he was smiling at me, like THAT and looking at me with those, Romanov blue eyes?? Okay, maybe I was so blinded by the color, that I didn't see the dollar signs in them. ;) So I sit through two hours of staring into those eyes and a new crown being fitted on and now...for the past week, I have been in such misery. Anything mildly hot or remotely cold sends me into waves of excruciating pain! So now I'm thinking that "Ol' Blue Eyes" probably should have done a root canal on that son-of-a-bitch tooth and since he didn't, that means that I will have to have this crown removed, have more massive drilling done and another new crown put on or in another words, about $1000 that this poor white girl doesn't have.

So...I'm going to sit here and ponder this until my next run comes out and I can think of something better to bitch about. It's going to be a LOOOOONG night!

April


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home