Hotter than HELL

Could it possibly be any more Hell-like? I was driving down 65 South around 3 p.m. to pick up out late lunch today and as I passed the Church of Acts, I saw they had a sign outside that showed the time and temperature and it was freaking 95 degrees! The kids and I waited until as late as possible to get into the oven on wheels to go swimming, but they were still covered in sweat when we got there.
So we swam for about an hour and a half and then headed home and I swear as we passed that same church again, I saw Satan himself swimming in the lake outside of it. :) And guess what? It's going to be freaking HOTTER tomorrow.
Of course, since it's my only day off during the week, I will have the privilege of being a chauffeur all day. Starting at 5 a.m., I get to drive to the airport and pick-up my son and ex-husband, who are flying in from California. Then, I get to take my mom clear up to 104th street to the doctor, right at peak time (11 a.m.) when lily-white ass people like me should not be out in the sun. (How do I get wrangled into these things?) And then there is Andrew, who has an ear infection and sometime during all this mess, I have to make an appointment for him too. Let's not forget that I have to be at the Dr.'s at 3.
I'm not sure what to wear during this all of this outdoor exposure, besides of course, sunscreen and I don't think anyone would appreciate it if I ran around in a bathing suit all day. (GROSS!) So...I guess I will go ahead and crawl off to bed and sleep on the matter and deal with this issue in the morning. In the meantime, I will pray for a freak snow storm tomorrow mid-day. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home