Brunhilda/Battle Axe

I know I rant on here frequently, so please bear with me. I'm so angry right now and I just HAVE to get it out. As many of you know from my previous posts, I am friends with my ex-husband and he lives next door to me. He frequently helps me with not only our son, but with my children from another relationship. A couple of years ago, my ex-husband became involved with this woman. I say woman, but she is really is a girl in my eyes, because of her intense level of immaturity. At that time, he was 40 and she was 22. The age difference really didn't bother me and at first, I liked her. But as time went on, she grew jealous of our friendship. And then, she grew jealous of my ex's relationship with our son, Dylan.
She had two daughters, one of which she gave birth to whenever she was 13 and other one when she was 20. And she wanted my ex to accept them as his. Well...if they were going to married, I was okay with that, as long as he didn't forget his responsibility to Dylan. They would frequently go out with her girls to the movies, to dinner, wherever and leave Dylan behind. Dylan would see them leaving and sometimes he would run outside and ask them if he could come and they would always say, "Oh, there's not enough room" or "Next time". Dylan was devastated. He stopped going over to his dad's entirely and when they were together, Dylan would act coolly towards him and then his dad would get mad and call him names. (Talk about immature. To make a long story short, they broke up. The first time, she said it was because of me. She didn't like that I called my ex to come and help me with things like when I needed him to snake my toilet or to hang a heavy picture up for me, etc. She also didn't like that I asked him to do things with just our son spend some quality time with him.
So then they get back together and announce they are getting married. Dylan is just sick over it. To the point where he's literally vomiting and crying and I have to go pick him up from school. So my ex is stuck watching her children all the time, while she works and spends time with her friends. He gets tired of it after he finds out that she's seeing someone else and he gives her $3,000 to move out of his house, buys her a new bedroom suit and a couch. This other guy that she is dating, turns out to be a convicted felon and is on the sexual predator file. He steals her car, crashes it, (which my ex paid to get fixed for her) and she had taken my ex's cell phone and gave it to this loser guy to use, and he ran it up to over $200. After the crash and his arrest for running from police, her oldest daughter, who was 9, tells her that this man has been molesting her. So, she gives her oldest daughter to her grandmother to care for and gives the baby to her ex-boyfriend, who is the father and runs way to Kentucky.
So my ex declares that he's had it, doesn't want anything to ever do with her again and sits Dylan down and reassures him that she will no longer be a part of his life. Then...he starts going away every other weekend. I ask him where he's going and he says that he's going "to the riverboat to gamble". And then I start seeing her around again. Three weekends in a row, she spends the night at his house and I ask him what's going on and he says, "Well she owes me money and she's just paying me back". So she has to spend the night at his house? Now, don't get me wrong, I really don't care who he's dating, but I do care about my son and his feelings, you know what I mean?
Now for the finale...yesterday my ex takes Dylan and three of his friends to celebrate his birthday. And guess who he brought to join them? HER! They borrowed my van to take everyone in and didn't get home until around 9:30 p.m. So Dylan comes through the door crying and goes to the bathroom. I follow him, and in marches my ex, yelling. I ask Dylan what's wrong and he said that he was upset because his dad had brought this woman to his birthday party and he was embarrassed because he had told all his friends that his dad was not seeing this woman anymore and now his friends were calling him a liar. So then my ex proceeds to tell me that he "smacked Dylan" because he was disrespectful towards this woman. This "smack" occurred in front of Dylan's little pals. So more embarrassment. Dylan continues crying and saying that he didn't care that his dad hit him, he's hurt because his dad has been lying to him for months. Get this...my ex says, "Well how does it feel to be lied to Dylan?" "You lied to me last week about doing your homework." I turned and looked at him, incredulous that he would even have the audacity to say something like this to a kid. I then pulled him aside and pointed out that he is 42 years old, and is the father of this little boy and should try to be a better role model. I also pointed out that Dylan never asked to be born, but that since he was here, it was his responsibility to be a man and be honest with his son.
I also informed him that while he was gone, I went over to his house, to look for the DVD jacket of a movie he borrowed and that I noticed his kitchen trash was over-flowing. So I thought I would be nice and take it out for him. What should be right on top of the trash, where Dylan could have seen it, but a pregnancy test. I had salvaged this from the trash and confronted him with it, out of Dylan's view and reminded him of a conversation that we had not even one week ago, where he said that he NEVER wanted to have a child with this woman because she was irresponsible and didn't take care of the two that she has and that Dylan didn't need to worry because he "wasn't having sex with her anyway." When I point blank asked him what "this" (while holding box from pregnancy test) was all about, he got all defensive and said, "I just wanted to make sure." So I then reminded him of the conversation in which he told me he wasn't having sex. He got all flustered and started yelling at me and asking me why was I in his house, blah, blah, blah. THEN, he marches back into the bathroom and yells at Dylan again and says, "I'll just for over and break it off with her right now, will that make you happy?"
I talked to Dylan and told him that I was sorry that his daddy had lied to both of us. That little boy cried himself to sleep last night. Never in my life have I dreamed of turning into Brunhilda and going over to his house and screaming opera, while stabbing him with a spear! Please Lord, let there be such a thing as KARMA!
April

1 Comments:
Fast forward to 2017. Karma did indeed come back to bite my ex in the ass. This girl got pregnant. She didn't know who the father was. It was between my ex and two others, including the convicted child molester. Needless to say, apart from going on Maury Povitch, (no that didn't happen), she sued for paternity and the lucky winner? My ex-husband.
Within a year of finding out he was the parent of yet another baby, CPS took the little boy away from her and gave him to my ex.
Now 10 years on, my ex knows what it's like to be a single parent.
Post a Comment
<< Home